Sunday, December 14, 2008

Haiti Rewind

 I've been in the creating mood. (This mood could easily be mistaken as the 'I don't want to study for finals' mood, oops!) But I started packing last night (since I come back to Saint Louis for less than 12 hours and have to do all my packing here--since the airlines have that *lovely* new bag fee.) I've got all my skirts laid out and I've pulled out the Haiti shoes. (Or as my dad calls them, my 'amish girl' shoes...whichever you prefer) And its lead me to look at all my pictures. Yes, somehow I've gone through all 600.

Photobucket

I realize I will get to see my little buddy again on the first day of our trip! (Top left corner). She was big on teaching me my basic Haitian words (banana, plantain, house, chair, machette...you know, the everyday words.)

Here's a look at how different this trip will be...
(From Tim)

Here is what I'll be doing on the trip...

Haute-Limbe (6 days with 4 in clinic)
1. Interview prospective farmers for the reinvestment project (that's my baby!)
2. Inventory lab materials on pre-printed forms (This is where they use me as a test subject to draw blood)
3. Assist Christine with Directed Donation training
 
Gonaives (4 days - 2 working)
1. Interview prospective farmers for the reinvestment project
2. Work on Hurricane clean up team
 
Christianville (6 days with 3 in clinic)
1. Inventory lab materials on pre-printed forms
2. Assist Christine with QBC validation

(The travel time between locations is intense. Since there are no paved roads, its up to double (or more) the normal amount of time to get between places).

Heres a map of where we will be (Christianville is in Port, the capital).
Photobucket
12 days! (Since I can't seem to make that countdown ---> work) Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

SunMin Kim said...

I'm so jealous you get to go to Haiti again! Take lots of pictures! Stay Safe!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.