Thursday, December 11, 2008

2 Finals, 2 weeks, 2 blogs.

I'm back! Yes, that's right, I tried to make a second blog. A blog that (possibly) worked better for me. I was wrong...horribly wrong. I'm sticking to this one and I'll make sure to let Jessi take over when the times get rough...(or tough to read as we've experienced before)

2 finals left. AND 2 weeks until my second trip to HAITI.

Haiti View


So, you know when you sign up for something way in advance and you just feel like it's SO far away it'll never come. Surprisingly enough, it eventually comes around and I can't believe this trip is only two weeks away (two weeks exactly!)

This trip will be almost a full week longer than the last one and a completely different format. We will not be in the same compound as before (hard sigh, no fans running all night long!). We will travel from the North Coast down through to the capital, Port Au Prince. {As seen in the new 007 movie. No, I didn't actually see the movie myself}. Our first stop is Limbe, where I spent a week in the clinic over the summer. This is where I'll start my 'research'/interviews for the agriculture project.

Did I mention I have to leave on Christmas Day? We fly out at 6am on the 26th, so my Cleveland departure lands right after Christmas Day (early) dinner. Alexa has already asked me to take a later flight to Haiti...assuming this is just a vacation I have planned right through the holidays. You wonder what kind of people you'll meet on a Christmas day flight at 5pm? At least I'll have my Christmas tree in my apartment to come back to (good thing we've had it up since Christmas last year. We've commenced the season by actually turning it's lights on and adorning it with new (not stale) candy canes).

My next post will include our trip itinerary. Don't worry, it's not without manual labor! Until then!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh look who it is! :) She's back!

I'm sooooooo bummed you'll be leaving. I mean, who will I see Marley and Me, with?

Glad you're back to the blogosphere!

~Kim said...

Hey Jen!! I keep checking in on you, so I'm glad to see an update. I have no room to talk though, I am a terrible blogger!

~Kim